Monday, March 20, 2006

We're baaack!!

Hello, we're home. We got home at about 6:45. We had a short but sweet visit to Sparkle City this weekend. We stayed with the Bradley family and had a wonderful time visiting with them. We even went to the Fish Camp to have Frankie with his golden locks (I'm jealous) wait on us. You go Frankie!! Dave Ramsey would be proud!!! John ate Catfish..... it was a literal fish, tail and all (but no head), battered and fried. I couldn't watch him eat it. But he says that it was good and now he can check that off his list of things to do in life...lol. Later Saturday night, John and Lance got their X-Box fix, except that now John wants a wide screen high def. TV. Thanks Lance. Andrea and I had a great time chatting and hanging out; the kids had a blast with Karis and Kayden. Kayden is a riot!! She is too cute!! Karis and Sadie were best buds. Thanks Bradleys for having us!!!

On Sunday we went to Braeden's birthday party at a skate park. It was really cool! I was impressed that Jake could go up the ramps and stuff and by the time we left he had gotten really good at his turns and flipping his board. Sadie had a great time slidding down the pipes on her butt...lol. We finally got to meet Medea's Adam's boys, our new little nephews. They are so adorable! Then we went back to mom and dad's house for a family birthday party for Dad, Adam, and Braeden. We had lots of cake and the kids had fun playing with their cousins all day. Of course, leaving was bittersweet. I wonder how long I'll continue to cry EVERY time I leave mom and dad's house....*sigh* I miss them a lot.

Okay, now for the real excitement......We pull in the driveway.....we were all very excited to see Spanky, who was out in the backyard. We came through the kitchen and out the sliding door on to the deck.... and saw Spanky in the middle of taking a dump. Well, he was so excited to see us that he didn't remember to squeeze out the last bit.... and ran into the house and proceeded to run ALL OVER with poop hanging out of his butt, and it smearing everywhere. Are you picturing this? So there's little poopy footprints because now he's stepped on it, run into the school room, jumped on the couch, and then onto my pants....my NEW pants. Of course, he thinks it's a game and a riot that we're all screaming and yelling and he's just so happy to see us, so finally I catch him and take him right to the sink......

I proceed to give him a bath, trying to keep him down in the sink while I'm using the hose like an enema to get the turd off his butt.... which is now smushed and ground into his tail because he sat down in the living room...... so I'm hosing his hiney (I did manage to get my rubber gloves on first)... Poor Spanky didn't know what the heck was going on....first we leave him ALONE, over night, we get home and immediately give him a bath/enema...... While the children are yelling and screaming and jumping up and down..... EWWW EWWWW EWWWW!

Anyway, we've been home for just over an hour.... I've used a whole thing of Clorox wipes, bathed, blow-dried, and brushed the dog, scrubbed the sink and surrounding area with scouring powder and bleach,...... then I went upstairs to change my poopy, wet dog smelling, soggy NEW sweater and pants.... But before I did, I went and gave John and great big hug while he was sitting on his throne playing his Xbox. I do have to give John some props though, for unpacking the car and starting the laundry before he retreated to his Xbox cave.

Never a dull moment.

1 comment:

frankiecreel said...

I am still laughing since I first read this almost a week ago. I am sorry I have not responded, but it is kind of hard to do when you are rofl. HAHAHAHA. Just imagining the dog "pinching one off" because of his exictement....priceless. I hope all is clean and thanks for the compliments on the locks...


Frankie