Friday, April 06, 2007

Things that make you go hmmmmm

So this past weekend we logged more than 24 hours in the van. So let's do the math:

3 hyperactive preteens plus,
1 teenage exchange student from Taiwan plus,
2 emotionally needy shi tzu's, plus
2 tired and cranky parents...

divided by 700 some odd cubic feet

equals:

Me focusing my mind anywhere else in the universe I could. And that brings me to today's topic.

As I was listening to many songs over the course of the trip I realized how much lyrics have played a part in my philosophical life. I wondered if I took the lyrics out of context and posted them here what you, the lovely reader, would think.

Here is the first one... I am looking forward to your thoughts

~John

Yesterday is a wrinkle on your forehead...
Yesterday is a promise that you’ve broken...
Don’t close your eyes, This is your life and today is all you’ve got now; and today is all you’ll ever have.

Don’t close your eyes, This is your life, are you who you want to be?
This is your life, is it everything you dreamed that it would be, when the world was younger and you had everything to lose?

No comments: