Wednesday, May 13, 2009

More Blessings

Well I'm behind on my blogging again (surprise, surprise) but I want to catch you up and let you know of God's many blessings over the past week or so!  Last week we received another box of some diabetic supplies:  Test strips (which are very expensive), lancets, and alcohol wipes.  A friend sent us a $25 gift card (Thanks LG!), and anonymous friends of my parents sent us $300!  Wow!  Why does the faithfulness of God always amaze me?  We're His children and he is abundantly taking care of us.!

This week God provided us with a blessing of $250 cash!!  Also, a $100 gift card to Walmart and $50 to the movies so John and I can go on a date!!  Dates with my hubby have been among the first things axed as we've tightened our belts.  What a blessing to have such Godly and generous friends in our lives.  The thing that blows my mind is that none of our 'angels' are rich; they have even given sacrificially!  What a wonder to be part of the family of God!  We are truly blessed.

And as we're blessed, my heart remains heavy for people such as these who are literally starving to death in Uganda.  This week I hope to give back in some way, and pass some blessings on to those who really need it:  Orphans and widows in the far reaches of the earth who have no hope of food, clean water, and the basic necessities of life.  Will you join me, even sacrificially?  Here is one way you can help!  Click here!



No comments: