Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Tony is here!!


We are excited to announce a new addition to our family!! Our exchange student, Chung-An "Tony" Chen arrived at GSO on Sunday after travelling about 24 hours from Taiwan. Tony is a sweet and smart boy! Because of jet lag, he slept from 3:30 on Sunday afternoon through the night and didn't wake up until the next morning. But he was up and ready and wanting to go enroll in school.

We spent the morning in the guidance office at our local high school, enrolling him and picking his classes. Tony pick two sciences.... Chemistry and Physics... a brave boy. I just pray he doesn't need help with his homework. He says that school is hard and "scary", but he likes it and is adjusting nicely.

We've already played some board games with Tony, including two rounds of "Life". The kids are having a great time playing with him. He brought them some wooden tops from Taiwan which they've had a blast playing with. This weekend we'll take him to Carowinds.. fun times!!

Oh, I did ask him if we were driving him crazy... and he said "a little"... hehe. He has a thirteen year old sister at home and is not used to so much noise and chaos. But I think we're growing on him. :-))

1 comment:

VickeB said...

wow Veeno.
You know Phil Ochs :D :D :D
Tony is adorable by the way.
do you remember
"There's no place in this world where I'll belong when I'm gone
And I won't know the right from the wrong when I'm gone
And you won't find me singing on this song when I'm gone
So I guess I'll have to do it While I'm here".

Thanks for reading my blog